Saturday, June 25, 2005

Thank You for Being a Friend

I work in radio...which can, once in a while, be fun. But not big-super-goofy-fun. For that kind of fun, you have to have somebody to share your madness--in college it was Absurd Man Dave Hurd, who worked with me on skits, bits, Christmas specials and other radio frivolities. These days, I get my big-super-goofy-fun with my Nebraska friend David Kuskie writing, producing and starring in "The Golden Girls Radio Hour."

This Internet radio series presents the familiar characters of Rose, Sophia, Dorothy and Blanche in all-new adventures. For example, in the latest episode, the girls go on a reality show called "Phobia Quotient" to earn some extra cash.

To fully enjoy our radio show you have to know two things. First, we decided that if Sophia was already 80 when the TV show premiered, she's not going to be the quick-minded, tart-tounged jokester now that she was then. Second, we decided to give Sophia a cheezy catchphrase--a "Sit on it" or "Dy-no-miiiite!" for a 100-year-old woman. So she says "I'm tired" all the time.

Dave and I do all of the voices. I do the production. It's homemade with love. The episode currently on the site runs 15 minutes. There's also a montage of commercial spoofs that aired in past episodes. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

NOTE: Although the idea of Golden Girls Radio is absurd, and the shows are produced by men, the website and show I am shamelessly promoting here is not related to or operated by "Absurd Men Speak" in any way, shape or form.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Microsoft Recruiting Paid Bloggers
Publications.mediapost.com
MICROSOFT'S MSN RECENTLY PUT OUT a call for paid bloggers to write and edit Web sites about five broad topics: fashion/food/style, music, sports, technology, and television.
(I'm not affiliated in any way with these people... I just found it interesting and thought you might also)

Now that I have placed a disclaimer for my post (has the net really came to this?) I'll also include my sig file... feel free to delete it :-)

///////////////////////////

If you have a Cat, Then kitty needs Discount Cat Furniture to!

Saturday, June 25, 2005 5:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog, and I read... and read... and read... and finally, decided that you and your other readers might want to check out my Cat Furniture site.

Saturday, August 20, 2005 7:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog, and I read... and read... and read... and finally, decided that you and your other readers might want to check out my Discount Cat Furniture site.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I followed the link... I'm here... What do I win? Cat Furniture?

Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Discount Cat Furniture said...

I was looking for a specific blog when I came here (this isn't the blog I was after).... But hey, after looking around, I decided that your blog is certainly worth bookmarking for another visit later. Discount Cat Furniture

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Download Full Movies said...

Hey, Been reading your blog from a couple of days ago, it's actually interesting, keep it up. If you ever want to pay me a visit come to my site to download full movies

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home