Monday, October 17, 2005

A Need for Cat Furniture?

One of the recurring themes on this blog has been cat furniture. First, I did not know that such implements even existed, but the notion of cat furniture has gotten my mind working. It seems that, yes, there is an under-represented segment of our community who are currently going without furniture... cats.

While I, myself, am not a cat lover it troubles me that these living creatures go without adequate furniture. Yes, most are provided with shelter and all the food they need, but it truly is a travesty that most have no place to comfortably lay their heads at the end of a tiring day, nor do most of a nice chair to relax in and to throw up their paws. This travesty is a clear sign of humancentrism. Cats at one time considered a deity are now forced to sit on windowsills, sleep on floors which may or may not be carpeted, and to eat from bowls rather than at tables which would be more fitting to their former status.

My friends, I hope that we all will make a concerted effort to fix this wrong. As the holidays approach perhaps this would be the time to purchase some furniture for the feline in your life. If you are like me and do not have a cat you could always make a purchase and donate it to a cat charity of your choosing. I just hope that I don't have to pass any pan-handlers or those pesky Salvation Army volunteers with their kettles on my way to buy cat furniture. They always make me feel uncomfortable. Don't they know I have charities I help... like the cats in need of furniture!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh King George, what a tangled web you weave, when you practice to deceive the American people
This blog is dedicated to those who choose freedom over oppression ... The White House censors the news we get.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Erasmus said...

It looks like now I am going to have to address private road construction as well.

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

The other day, while walking in Manhatten, I saw a homeless woman with two kittens. I thought how cruel society and inparticular that woman was. The gall of that person to force those poor kittens to live on the street with her. Appalling. I wanted to scoop up those kittens and take them home. But they were dirty, I mean come on.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yesterday I saw an ad for a doggie stepper. It's stairs for a small dog, that can be placed next to a couch or bed. For me, if I have a dog that is so retarded it can't get onto my couch and get hair all over it, I'm thinking great!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home