Friday, September 01, 2006

Enough celebrating... Let's get back to business

After a week of celebrating the achievements of the Absurd Men we must return to the serious business at hand. Today marks the beginning of September and what I will call the end of my least favorite season of the year, summer. Why do dislike summer? It is hot and people feel entitled to wear unflattering clothes in public places. I'm not sure why in hot weather any sense of propriety seems to go out the window. Some of it goes back to my theories on the fact we live in an overly comfortable society (thus the reason I still wear long sleeves and suitcoats in the summer as a protest), and the other is that people no longer give a damn about themselves. If you don't understand what I mean go to a Wal-Mart and people watch. While I'm on this rant I'm going to take aim at another one of my arch enemies... flip-flops. I hate flip-flops. How can any one like a shoe named after the sound that it makes? These things were designed to be worn at the the beach and in public showers. Some how have they become trendy?! Help me to understand. They don't even look comfortable to wear. I don't know since I've never worn them.

So to summer I say, "Good bye and good riddance." It's now time for wool, boots, and some sense of decorum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I always thought you wore long sleeve shirt to hide those pipe cleaners you call arms.

Still clothing has gotten out of hand, as it has since it was invented. The list of ridiculous clothing is long and full of things many would like to forget. Of course your call to have people clothed does go against my push for a national naked day (excluding; all men, women deemed under or over wieght by the naked day committee, and anyone under 18 or over 38 years of age). Think about the possiblities, you might want to reevaluate that whole wool and boots thing.

Monday, September 04, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Erasmus said...

Funny you should mention National Naked Day... The Drudge Report had an interesting link today.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NAKED_TOWN?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-09-02-17-19-37

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Stiletto Tongue said...

"under 18 and over 38"

Hmmm. That would leave out the shrivelled likes of Halle Berry, Angela Bassett, Nicole Kidman, Courtney Cox, and Sarah Jessica Parker. And forget Madonna (hag). Though Jennifer Aniston just barely makes the cut.

You're right on two points though: no minors and no men.

Monday, September 11, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home