Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Damn the Futurists

I don't blame the MTA or the TWU for the trouble the strike caused last week. I blame the Futurists. You know the Futurist, the guys who sat around at the beginning of the last century dreaming up what life would be like in this century. I remember seeing moving side walks in the City of The Future. At the Worlds Fair in 1930 and 1960, everywhere moving side walks. Would we even need a train and bus system if we could just hop on a side walk and eventually get there without walk too much?

I'm not looking to get a completely useless project like the Plattsburgh Pool Transport System going. That system was doomed to fail, what with the large amount of water raised high overhead in downtown Plattsburgh and the fact that summer barely last 3 months. Frankly, who would want to swim every where they went in the summer any way?

What I want is the promise that the Futurists gave us in the department of not walk places. The best they could do in the last 70 years was the escalator. I don't want to disparage escalators. I fear and respect them. If we want to get rid of the threat of transit strikes lets make city transit obselete by giving people a fast and easy way to get to work without the hassle of waiting for buses and trains. Give us our moving side walk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Latonksfan is refering here to a comment that i left on her post in which I found it strange that she shouldbe such an avid fan of Harry Potter and also like to listen to the band Rammstein. I found it ironic that's all.

Besides nobody actually believes GWB is a Christian. It's like those stories about how Santa sleeps with his elves.

By the way, we've had my profile on the web since May and this is the first time any one has said anything about what I say in regards to salting wounds.

Friday, December 30, 2005 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home